Moving to MY Happy Trading

HappyTradingBlog has moved to My Happy Trading.com. Please come by to say "hi" by clicking here!

Wang's Happy Trading Daily Posts

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Do They Know Something? IMCL, BSTE, OC

A lot of times, when I hear that a stock suddenly jumps 10-20%, and, I'd take a look at the news and the daily chart. Almost always, I'd see that there's already being big buyings a few days before.

Take a look at IMCL. On Friday, there was news from AMGN, saying that the testing results from one of its drugs were not so good. The news sent IMCL, who has a drug in competition with AMGN, flying!
If we take a look at IMCL's chart, we see that "people" have been buying up IMCL for a week on increasing volume! I actually looked at IMCL on Wednesday last week, and thought that it was just a normal breakout, catching the upper BB! How innocent was I?!

BEC just announced that it'll buy BSTE for about $1.55 billion, cash, which translates to $85/share for BSTE! Guess where BSTE closed on Friday? A mere $55.38!! When I looked at the chart, sure enough, big buying on Friday. Notice that the stock price managed to catch the upper BB on Friday.

So, I accidentally stumbled upon OC, when I was looking at GLW. They both have "Corning" in their company names and Fidelity's news filter doesn't seem to quite know how to differentiate the two. What the news showed was that the OC insiders have been buying up OC big time!! The chart shows that it's had continuous buying on very good volume for the past week. And, MACD, MFI, RSI all look good. So, do they know something? I guess we'll find out; see if OC catches the upper BB in the next couple of days!

This is why I often like to get into the stocks that have caught the upper BB with more room to breakout. Big news often follow the charts because people who know about the news, the smart money, always position themselves before the news come out for big gains!

No comments: